- Firm caps and tender stems
- does not have seafood aroma as other oyster mushrooms
Blue oysters are high in protein, fiber, calcium, vitamins C, D, B1, B5, and B12. They are reportedly useful for lowering cholesterol levels and as an antioxidant.
- Refrigerate in a paper bag or mesh cardboard box
- Use within 5-6 days of purchasing
Cooking and Handling:
- No need to wash them
- Quick prep can be chopped or hand torn into pieces for a rustic look
- Cook thoroughly to develop its flavour
- Best sautéed in oil or fat, roasted, boiled
- Pairs well with garlic, shallots, onion, leeks, parsley, mint, basil, coriander, ginger, soy sauce
- Serve on top of or next to a meat, quinoa, noodles or potato dish
- Sauté whole with other veggies or put on top of a salad
- Use in a cream sauce
- Vegetable stir fry
There are no reviews yet.